I know my child is well supported and teachers always listen to my concerns.
The phonic and maths workshops gave me the confidence and understanding to help my child.
Children will get the most out of their education when we all work together on every issue. The school seeks to work in partnership with families to support pupils, which means that both school and home have to develop good communication links. Please let us know about anything that might affect your child - we might be able to help. If parents/carers have any comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s class teacher, in the first instance, or a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Our agreement sets out the partnership between John of Gaunt and families working together to enable children to feel happy and secure and to reach their full potential.
John of Gaunt Infant and Nursery School will:
- Care for your child's safety and happiness
- Provide a caring, nurturing environment that fosters a love of learning
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum
- Recognise and meet the needs of your child as an individual
- Maintain excellent standards of work and behaviour
- Keep you informed about your child's progress and provide information to help you support your child at home
- Be open and welcoming at all times
- Provide opportunities for you to be involved in the school community and contribute ideas and opinions
We expect families will:
- Ensure that their child attends school regularly, on time and ready to learn
- Support the school in achieving its targets for good attendance
- Keep the school informed about any worries or problems that might affect their child's behaviour or work
- Support the school's policy and practice for maintaining good behaviour
- Support their child when completing homework or special activities, while providing opportunities for other learning at home
- Attend parent meetings and other opportunities to learn about their child's progress and learning
- Support the school approach to online safety when your child is using technology (phones, tablets, computers, ipads etc.)
- Ensure that your child arrives properly equipped, wearing the correct uniform, with a book bag, water bottle and PE Kit, all clearly named.
By working together in partnership we can achieve more