John of Gaunt Infant and Nursery School is an inclusive school which is fully accessible for disabled children, parents/carers and staff. All entrances and exits have wheelchair access and there are disabled access lavatories. There are plans and policies to ensure equality of provision for all children, regardless of gender, race or ability. All children have access to the school’s excellent facilities, which include:
- bright and colourful classrooms, full of natural light and each equipped with an interactive smart board;
- access to outside learning spaces;
- Nursery and Reception classes have their own covered outdoor learning areas as well as dedicated outside space;
- John Bear's workshop, an additional room with facilities for children to take part in cooking, drama, music or intervention/group work;
- a lovely well stocked library which is organised and run by school parents;
- a large assembly hall;
- a woodland area with a wooden amphitheatre;
- an enclosed wildlife area and pond;
- growing areas with raised vegetable beds and fruit trees
- a cob oven built by the children and very popular for making pizzas!
- an outdoor gym;
- flower beds planted to encourage wildlife;
- a covered gazebo with seating;
- a quiet play area;
At playtimes and lunchtimes the children are able to enjoy the large field and playground spaces under the guidance of a play supervisor who sets out a range of equipment to encourage the children to be fit and healthy.