I love stretching my brain
Year 2 pupil
Learning is fun, especially when you are outdoors
Year R pupil
At John of Gaunt Infant and Nursery School we believe in the concept of lifelong learning and the idea that both adults and children learn new things every day. We maintain that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone. Through our teaching we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead happy and rewarding lives.
At John of Gaunt Infant and Nursery School we aim:
- To ensure that children enjoy their learning.
- To provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential.
- To give the children the opportunity to take part in a rich, creative and challenging curriculum reflecting high expectations.
- To provide common criteria against which teaching and learning can be celebrated and develop each area to its true potential.
- To help spread and share all teaching practice that is of an excellent standard.
- To provide an insight into the review and development of current and future teaching and learning practice, which enables staff and children to remain stimulated and focused.
- To provide a learning environment rich in resources where children can experience innovation and technology to equip them for the future.